Thursday, March 5, 2009

Introducing Ed Wilson from Cave Creek, AZ


I have had a brief and long distance relationship with the SL7 group. However I've known Kent Miles since forever. I remember we talked about going to Art School together. And, how exciting it was when Kent actually had the guts and self confidence and family backing to actually go to one of the best schools around at the time. I remember just prior to his leaving for school he bought a brand New Calumet 4x5 view camera and set it up in his living room. We walked around it in awe and wonder, neither of us having a clue as to how to use it. I really wanted to go too, but, well, parents being parents I ended up staying home at the U of U.

Anyway, I've been an admirer of the Miles clan since I met them some 40 plus years ago.

As far as photography goes, I've been doing it since I can remember.

I am now a professional photographer in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and a coat-tail member of the SL7. When Kent told me about it I couldn't wait to become involved. I shoot weddings, portraits, and some wildlife. My vast preference is portraiture. I operate a small free lance studio in a 2 horse village by the name of Carefree a little north of Phoenix.

I am including a recent portrait that I like very much. It is difficult to balance the mercenary requirements of photography as a business, and the personal expression and passion of creating art. The hardest thing is to not start repeating yourself and taking an overly formulaic approach....

I want to participate with the SL7 group to the fullest extent possible with a nod to the obvious distance and logistic impediments of living 500 miles away. If you are curious as to my current work, you can visit me at www.bridephoto.net (currently being redone) and www.ed-wilson.blogspot.com


Edward Wilson, Principal Photographer

www.BridePhoto.Net
www.ed-wilson.blogspot.com

ed.wilson@BridePhoto.Net

Photograph: Tianna, ©2009 Ed Wilson

1 comment:

  1. Ed, welcome aboard. Now that the SL7 has crossed state lines we can now be considered a national organization. Next step is complete international domination!
    Carl

    ReplyDelete