Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Portfolio Site for Kent Miles


It finally happened. I took the plunge and have entered the world of online portfolios.

I first set up my website 15 years ago. Maybe more. It was an outgrowth of my ad in the Black Book. They were on the forefront of starting an online portfolio service and they started with current advertisers. The same images I sent them I used for pictureline's initial visionary effort to start a portfolio service. Pictureline designed the page for me. The world wasn't ready right then for what Jens and his crew envisioned. When Jens pulled the plug on that first effort, I got the page they had built and put it on my own domain. And it has been there ever since.

The world has changed since then, but it has taken this old dog a while to learn some new tricks. Pictureline revisited their original portfolio service and it is remarkable. You can see it at http://www.pictureline.com/community/ . If you click here it will take you to my own portfolio there. Justin Hackworth, another member of Salt Lake Seven, has a portfolio here. It is a pretty big community, with photographers from all over the place. Some of them are very good. I recommend that you consider putting together a portfolio for the pictureline community. It is free. It is good experience. Who knows what might come of it?

This last weekend, though, I was resolved to take the steps needed to update my own website. And by chance I got some information about an online portfolio service called Parade. I went to it, tried it out, and voila! I have a legitimate online presence. I still need to create the link on my website to my portfolios at Parade, but that is a relatively small matter and should be done in the next few days.

So, do you want to see what's up? Check it out at http://kentmiles.paradepro.com/ The have a free service or upgraded service at a very reasonable cost.

And for the rest of you Salt Lake Seven, get with the picture. Load up!

Kent Miles
Photographer

Photograph: Eeka The Swamp Thing With Amber Her Pet Anaconda, Bangor State Fair, Maine ©1988 Kent Miles

1 comment:

  1. Good looking web site; I like the way the front page is layed out. I like your choices for your portfolio. I REALLY like "Shadow couple, in St. George"; very cool image.

    ReplyDelete